Sunday, December 29, 2019

Sketch Challenge Part 2 by Alex

Hello Flair Enthusiasts!

Alex here and I'm finally FINALLY (at long last) bringing you Part 2 of the sketch challenge which Heather and I did together...during October! 🙈

I know it's also December.  LATE December.  Soz, lovelies!  I actually had finished it over a month ago, but since I did a process video (and one with soooo much more raw footage than anticipated) editing has happened sporadically between other things.

It was actually rather involved and as usual I made it far more work than it needed to be!  But that's what I do. Every.Single.Time! 🤦


Heather really put me to the challenge with this sketch.  Definitely not my usual sort of style, but they don't call it a challenge for nothing, right?

I have no idea how I decided to use this sketch with this photo of my adorable niece on her very first Book Week.  I'm pretty sure there was a suitably convoluted train of thought with led to this decision, but overall I think it worked. 🤷

I do recommend you watch the process video (below) since I do go into that a little bit as well as walking you though how I made it.


Here are the still pics I promised you:


Title (with lots of messy threads! 😍)



"Tone on tone" embellishments and stitching detail



Fussy cut books embellished with tiny Wonder Woman stickers




Large book cut on the Silhouette


That name card that caused ever so much grief (and I still cant stick in s straight line despite multiple attempts! 🙈)


Lilya's First Book Week


Embellish With Flair product used: 

Pop! Boom! Kapow!














Thanks for sticking with me and hope the vid wasn't too frustrating!


Love, and as always, Embellish With Flair!





No comments:

Post a Comment