Friday, December 6, 2019

Quilter's Vibe - "Hello Limited Edition" by Alex

Hello Flair Enthusiasts!

Alex here and I do apologise that it has been some time since you had a project from me.  October and November proved to be tougher than this little Pink Mama. 😳

Anyway, today I'm sharing with you my project that I made for the Quilter's Vibe YouTube collaboration started by Sara Scraps.  It's traditionally the last Thursday of the month, except this month it was bumped a week because I wasn't the only one swamped! 😅

How it works is that the four(?) ladies who take part take turns picking out a quilt or quilt block, but something quilty which we can interpret in any way into a layout (and of course YouTube process video).

Here's my process video:


If you watch my video, you'll see how I managed to wreak havoc on a lovely, calm, understated inspiration piece and inject all kinds of crazy into it!  I also managed to use FOUR flair badges!😛 

Two from the "3 Tone Stars Pinks" set and two from the "3 Tone Stars Grey-Black" set, which fit my colours and fun vibe perfectly! 














I busted out some very precious and super "rare" paper from the vault (who remembers "Love, Elsie" by KI Memories??), managed to measure and cut wrong, change my mind several times and show a somewhat disturbing inability to count to nine.  🙈

In my defense, there was a tradie cutting floor tiles next door and not only can you hear his saw on the video, it never fails to give me a headache.  But it's life, right? 🤷

I have to say I don't often do grid-type layouts, but I have enjoyed them whenever a challenge has some my way.  Speaking of challenges, I still owe you (and Heather) Part ii of the October sketch challenge!  It's finished, but I need to edit the vid etc, so it should follow this one in a few days.

Here's the whole thing:

Hello Limited Edition


Embellish With Flair Product used:

3 Tone Stars Pinks














3 Tone Stars Grey-Black














Thanks for you patience and as always,

Love and Embellish With Flair


No comments:

Post a Comment